Saturday 28 October
On Saturday, we have a full programme of events from morning through evening, many of which are free of charge. Please click the title to read more details.
11:30-12:00 Castle Theatre – “Our Lady of Shadows” (free of charge)
Performed by Karoline Gritzner and Ffion Jones; digital scenography design and animations by Piotr Woycicki; written and directed by Lucy Gough
1:00-4:00 Aberystwyth Arts Centre Great Hall – afternoon workshop strand (free of charge)
- 1:00-1:30 Great Hall, Sarah Todd Taylor – writing workshop for children “Build a Hero Workshop”
- 1:30-3:00 Great Hall, Damian Gorman – poetry writing workshop “The Conditions For Music”
- 3:00-4:00 Great Hall, Alice Vernon – fiction writing workshop “Using Research in Fiction Writing”
2:00-4:00 Aberystwyth Arts Centre Theatre – afternoon reading strand (free of charge)
- 2:00-3:00 Theatre, Poetry and Fiction Open Mic
- 3:00-4:00 Theatre, Shared Voices – a joint reading by Word Distillery and Sound Studio Poets
5:00-7:15 Aberystwyth Arts Centre Theatre – “Rising Stars” £8/6
Celebrate the English and Creative Writing Department with readings by Katherine Stansfield, David Towsey, Tyler Keevil, and a student showcase from the English and Creative Writing Society.
7:15-8:00 Aberystwyth Arts Centre Bookshop – book signing
Come along to meet poets from both the early and late shows and enjoy a wine reception courtesy of the English and Creative Writing Department.
8:15-10:00 Aberystwyth Arts Centre Theatre – “Innovations” £8/6
The festival concludes with a reading by leading poets and prose writers from around the UK: Zoë Skoulding, Richard Beard, and David Harsent.